BOREALIS HIRING FOR THERMAL ENGINEER ROLE
Borealis GeoPower seeks to hire a full time thermal engineer in the Canadian geothermal energy industry.
Title: Junior/Intermediate Thermal Engineer
Location: Borealis Geopower Inc. - Calgary, AB
Our portfolio includes projects as well as a diverse collection of consulting assignments. We are the next generation of renewable energy and mineral/metal recovery via brine mining. Our goal is to unlock Canada’s vast geothermal energy potential. Our team is working to enable geothermal electricity and heat production as a player in the Canadian renewable energy market.
We are currently recruiting for an engineering position to progress our geothermal energy projects, as well as to provide engineering expertise to our client consulting business.
Full-time start date: Immediate availability
Number of Positions: 1
Deadline: Upon filling of position
The engineering role involves contributing to our various geothermal and brine mining projects. The role requires project management, data analysis, engineering design and technical problem solving with a strong understanding of heat integration opportunities.
- Conceptual design of district heating that includes project specifications and cost estimates
- Model hydraulic and pump performance
- Low Temperature heat extraction and heat cascade
- Project Management
- Ensure projects are completed on-time and on-budget
- Technical Writing
- Develop technical reports and regulatory documents
- Keep current with heat extraction techniques that could potentially be used in the Canadian context
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience in heat integration
- Previous indication of interest/participation in the geothermal industry
- Demonstrated team player
- A positive attitude with a desire to learn and embrace change
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare and present reports and proposals
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- BSc. Mechanical/Chemical Engineering
- Graduate degree in Business is an asset
- Undergraduate degree in Earth Science is an asset
- P.Eng (Alberta/BC) is a strong asset
To be ELIGIBLE for this opportunity, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- Not in receipt of a government wage assistance program within the past year
References may be requested.
Applicants must indicate why they are interested in working in the geothermal industry in their cover letter.
Application materials: Candidates are asked to send their Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Borealis thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.