BOREALIS HIRING FOR ACCOUNTING ROLE
Borealis GeoPower seeks to hire a full time accounting role in the Canadian geothermal energy industry.
Title: Accountant/Assistant Controller (CPA Optional)
Location: Borealis Geopower Inc. - Calgary, AB
Borealis Geopower Inc., focused on developing high temperature geothermal projects throughout western Canada, is seeking an experienced, Calgary-based accountant or accounting student (CPA optional) with a strong understanding of the Canadian energy (conventional or renewable) or mining industry.
Geothermal energy project financing, accounting, and reporting follow similar practices to other sub-surface and renewable natural resources. Because of this, the role is ideal for a candidate with accounting experience in the oil and gas or mining sector who is looking to transition to the clean-tech sector. This role would qualify as an internship or co-op for the right candidate.
Full-time start date: January 2020
Work Term: 12 months
Number of Positions: 1
Deadline: Upon filling of position
- Preparing the company's quarterly and annual financial statements
- Processing bill payments, reimbursements and invoices
- Bank deposits
- Government remittances (monthly payroll & quarterly GST)
- Provide financial analyses and advice as required
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues; initiate corrective action
- Coordinate and assist in timely preparation of all information required by external auditors
- Ad hoc duties as required
- University degree / College Diploma with a focus in accounting - attained or materially completed
- Experience in Canadian tax required
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software and familiar to other accounting software
- Understanding and experience in CRCE or CEE reporting
- Preference given to individuals who have an understanding of, and experience in working with tax forms S12, S31 & T661
- High attention to detail, accuracy & organization
Preferred experience in but not required:
- QBO and TaxCycle
- Office administration
- Working in an entrepreneurial team environment
- IT management
What Borealis GeoPower Inc. Offers:
- The opportunity to become an expert on the accounting practices in one of the youngest and fastest growing industries in Canada – renewable energy.
To be ELIGIBLE for this opportunity, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- Not in receipt of a government wage assistance program within the past year
Application materials: Candidates are asked to send their Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Borealis thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.