BOREALIS HIRING FOR ACCOUNTING ROLE (INTERNSHIP)
Borealis GeoPower seeks to hire a full time accounting role/bookkeeper in the Canadian geothermal energy industry.
Title: Accounting Intern/Assistant Controller
Location: Borealis Geopower Inc. - Calgary, AB
Borealis Geopower Inc., focused on developing high temperature geothermal projects throughout western Canada, is seeking an experienced, Calgary-based accounting intern with a strong understanding of the Canadian energy (conventional or renewable) or mining industry. Geothermal energy project financing and accounting/reporting follow similar practices to other sub-surface and renewable natural resources. Because of this, the role is ideal for a candidate with accounting experience in the oil and gas or mining sector who is looking to transition to the clean-tech sector.
Open to concentrations in Accounting/General
Start date : January 2020
Work Term: 4, 8, or 12 months
Number of Positions: 1
Deadline: Upon filling of position
- Preparing the company's quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Processing bill payments, reimbursements and invoices.
- Bank deposits
- Government remittances (monthly payroll & quarterly GST)
- Provide financial analyses and advise as required.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues, initiate corrective action.
- Coordinate and assist in timely preparation of all information required by the external auditors.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- University degree / College Diploma with a focus in accounting.
- Experience in Canadian tax required.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software and familiar to other accounting software (Preference given to those who have experience in QBO and Taxtron.
- Understanding and experience in CRCE reporting.
- Preference given to individuals who have an understanding of, and experience in working with tax forms S12, S31 & T661.
- High attention to detail, accuracy & organization.
Preferred experience in but not required:
- Office Administration
- Financial modelling
- Geothermal/Renewable Energy
- Working in an entrepreneurial team environment
What Borealis GeoPower Inc. Offers:
- The chance to become an expert on the accounting practices in one of the youngest and fastest growing industries in Canada – renewable energy.
To be ELIGIBLE for this opportunity, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- Not in receipt of a government wage assistance program within the past year
Application materials: Candidates are asked to send their Resume and LinkedIn profiles to firstname.lastname@example.org .