BOREALIS HIRING ACCOUNTANT FOR INTERNSHIP POSITION
Borealis GeoPower seeks to hire a full time accountant/bookkeeper in the Canadian geothermal energy industry.
Location: Borealis Geopower Inc. - Calgary, AB
Borealis Geopower Inc., focused on developing high temperature geothermal projects throughout western Canada, is seeking an experienced, Calgary based professional accountant with a strong understanding of the Canadian energy (conventional or renewable) or mining industry. Geothermal energy project financing and accounting/reporting follow similar practices to other sub-surface and renewable natural resources. Because of this, the role is ideal for a candidate with accounting experience in the oil and gas or mining sector who is looking to transition to the clean-tech sector.
Open to concentrations in Accounting/General
Start date : May 2019
Work Term: 4, 8, or 12 months
Number of Positions: 1
Deadline: Upon filling of position
Application materials: Candidates are asked to send their Resume and LinkedIn profiles to email@example.com .
- Preparing the company's monthly, quarterly and annual published financial statements.
- Processing bill payments
- Payroll (6-10 employees)
- Bank deposits
- Safeguarding of assets and ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions by implementing controls and checks across departments.
- Invoicing and government remittances
- Ensure issues affecting the accuracy and integrity of the financial records and statements, as well as other risks and opportunities, are communicated and resolved in a timely manner with a clear view on necessary action plans, timelines and resources required.
- Provide financial analyses as required.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues, initiate corrective action.
- Coordinate and assist in timely preparation of all information required by the external auditors.
- University degree / College Diploma with a focus in accounting
- Experience in Canadian tax required
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software and familiar to other accounting software.
- Understanding and experience in CRCE reporting.
- Preference given to individuals who have an understanding of, and experience in working with tax codes 43.1 & 43.2.
- High attention to detail, accuracy & organization
Preferred experience in but not required:
- Office Administration
- Financial modelling
- Geothermal/Renewable Energy
- Working in an entrepreneurial team environment
What Borealis GeoPower Inc. Offers:
- The chance to become an expert on the accounting practices in one of the youngest and fastest growing industries in Canada – renewable energy.
To be ELIGIBLE for this opportunity, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations